COVID-19 PROGRAM UPDATE
If you are a veteran who is struggling during this long pandemic, please know that you are not alone. The isolation and mental challenges you are experiencing are difficult for all veterans with operational stress injuries.
We can help. We’ve adapted our 22 years of experience supporting Canada’s veterans into a new group counselling program. Our Transition Skills Course is designed specifically for veterans during COVID-19 and deals with mental health, transition, goal setting and communication during the pandemic. Intake is available across Canada; here is how to find a course near you.
Transition Skills Course
- 5 days, in-person, retreat-based workshop
- COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Learn skills to assist in transition and the challenges of COVID-19:
– Communicating with family
– Emotional regulation
– Trauma education + symptom management
– Goal setting
– Online follow-up
We are also developing an additional peer support service that will be delivered under any and all possible restrictions. The VTN Tiered Peer-Support Program connects highly with peer supporters who in turn help fellow veterans. More information will follow soon. Check back here for updates or join our mailing list.
Tiered Peer-Support Program
- Sponsored and co-developed with the Centre of Excellence on PTSD
- Veteran-to-veteran peer-support
- Service provided via phone, or secure video-chat
- Training and coaching for peer-supporters led by VTN Clinicians
- Referrals to counsellors as required
As always, all our programs are available for men and women, in English and French, and will be delivered free of charge to members and veterans of the Canadian Forces and RCMP.
As VTN continues to plan for the future, we greatly appreciate all the kind words, donations and support you have provided. We’re confident that VTN will continue to help Canada’s veterans. We’re looking forward to
Dr. Paul Whitehead – Clinical Director
Oliver Thorne – Executive Director